The GOPs rape of American Women

"Back in my day, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn't that costly."

You're right, Foster Friess. I am an ignorant slut who should learn to keep her legs together--If only I were smart enough to figure that out, I totally wouldn't need birth control. I wouldn't need it to fight my sometimes-debilitating menstrual symptoms. I wouldn't need it to regulate my periods. I wouldn't be murdering all of the helpless babies that live their sad lives in my ovaries, just waiting for their chance to come out into the real world. That's all you want, right? For me to not murder those helpless, tiny, fully-formed and sentient human beings that live inside of my ovaries. I understand how reasonable your request is now. While I'm at it, would you like me to make you a sandwich and clean your house?

I try to avoid profanity in my blog, but seriously--fuck you. Fuck you and your whole party for outright stating that women are unqualified to make our own decisions about our sexual and reproductive health and rights. Fuck you for trying to force your religion into the most private and personal places in my body, like a terrifying metaphysical rape. NO MAN, WOMAN, GOVERNMENT, OR LAW HAS THE RIGHT TO MY BODY. That includes telling me what to do with my own health or wellness, and it includes telling me whether or not I should have sex, and it includes telling me wether or not I should have to conceive, bear, or birth a child.

These are NOT your decisions to make. If you attempt to make them for me, for every woman in this country, than you are personally committing, and condoning, the rape of an entire country by forcing your way into our bodies without our consent. Forcing us to bear children born of terror and violence, of twisted disgusting desire, of a sick need for power over another human being.

Oh, wait. That last one? THAT'S YOU, GOP. You are worse than any rapist I've ever heard of--Your desire isn't just to have power over one woman, or women in general. You must have power over EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA. The power to force us to your will, to violate our bodies and our minds, to make us do your twisted bidding through the blood, sweat, and tears that we have shed to get to the point where we are no longer subserviant to men.

Well, guess what, GOP? We will not submit. We will not sit down quietly while you tell us that you know best, and if we'd just keep our legs and mouths closed we'd see how right you are, that someday we'll thank you for showing us how very wrong we were.

You are wrong. You are so. very. wrong. I will not sit quietly. I will not allow you to rape my body, my mind, or my rights--You'll have to use violence against me, to commit what you callously and ignorantly term as "forcible rape." If you want my rights, if you want my body, you will have to deal with the fact that I will scream, I will fight and call out and rally the people against you and your sick cause. And you will not defeat me, and you will not defeat us. We will never submit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Men

How To Actually Help [me minimize my awkwardness at normal questions]

Entitlement And The Media